Project Designer – Oshkosh, WI
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Overview: Based out of the Oshkosh office, the Project Designer contributes to the overall success of CR Meyer and its heavy industrial customers by preparing various construction documents. Works collaboratively within the Design/Build team with Architects, Structural Engineers and Designers in creating construction documents for buildings, equipment platforms and foundations, deep foundations, silos and bin foundations, structural steel, facility inspections, masonry walls, retaining walls, cofferdam designs, etc.
- As part of the Design/Build team, works with customers, Architects, Engineers and Designers to create architectural sketches, drawings, renderings and construction documents for heavy industrial projects that take into account the customer’s vision, budget and other requirements.
- Includes construction elements such as civil, structural, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire protection, building performance, and life safety into designs and drawings.
- Participates in proposal and owner review meetings to present information and discuss objectives, requirements, budget expectations and construction progress with customer.
- Uses all available technological resources to create designs for proposals and construction. i.e. Revit, 3D modeling, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of software and available technology.
- Generates construction documents for projects. Ensures that documents and drawings are maintained from pre-design through construction documentation.
- Prepares accurate documentation throughout all phases of assigned projects.
- Maintains and helps implement CR Meyer REVIT guideline manual.
- Ensures that documents and drawings are maintained from pre-design through construction documentation.
- Coordinates the work of subcontractors in the areas of civil, structural, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire protection work.
- Respond to RFIs from field personnel during construction.
- Participates in site visits as required, for code analysis and drawing production.
- Reviews vendor shop drawings.
- Participates in all pertinent CR Meyer Safety Training and Safety Meetings, and plays a positive, proactive active role in promoting safety requirements on the job-site.
- Wears all assigned PPE and observes CR Meyer safety guidelines at all times.
- Due to project deadlines and demands, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Completes all related reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Represents the CR Meyer brand in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Associates Degree in related field required.
- Three to five years of related experience required.
- Experience with software programs such as 3D structural modeling, AutoCad, REVIT & Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to complete all CR Meyer training and perform job duties within safety guidelines including, but not limited to, First/Aid-CPR Certification, OSHA 30 and SafeStart.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and comply with CR Meyer’s Drug & Alcohol Policy and Program.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurable driving history and ability to operate a motor vehicle following all traffic laws and safe, courteous driving habits.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.