Architect – Oshkosh, WI
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Overview: Based out of the Oshkosh office, the Architect contributes to the overall success of CR Meyer and its heavy industrial customers by translating customers’ visions into architectural design for construction projects. Works collaboratively within the Design/Build team with Structural Engineers and Designers in creating drawings for buildings and various aspects of primarily industrial plants.
- As part of Design/Build team, works with customers, Structural Engineers and Designers to create architectural sketches, drawings, renderings and plans for industrial projects that take into account the customer’s vision, budget, building codes and other requirements.
- Includes consideration of elements such as civil, structural, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire protection, building performance, and life safety into designs and drawings.
- Participates in proposal and owner review meetings to present information and discuss objectives, requirements, budget and construction progress with customer.
- Uses all available technological resources to create drawings and plans for proposal and construction. i.e. Revit.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of software and available technology.
- Generates construction documents for projects. Ensures that documents and drawings are maintained from pre-design through construction documentation.
- Coordinates the work of subcontractors in the areas of civil, structural, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire protection work.
- Maintains and helps implement CR Meyer REVIT guideline manual.
- Reviews shop drawings.
- Respond to RFIs from field personnel during construction.
- Participates in site visits as required to obtain existing conditions, for code analysis and drawing production.
- Participates in all pertinent CR Meyer Safety Training and Safety Meetings, and plays a positive, proactive active role in promoting safety requirements on the job-site.
- Wears all assigned PPE and observes CR Meyer safety guidelines at all times.
- Due to project deadlines and demands, regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Completes all related reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Represents the CR Meyer brand in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited program required.
- At least five years of related experience required.
- Knowledge of building codes required.
- NCARB certification required; AIA and LEED accreditation preferred.
- Experience with software programs such as REVIT & Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to complete all CR Meyer training and perform job duties within safety guidelines including, but not limited to, First/Aid-CPR Certification, OSHA 30 and SafeStart.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and comply with CR Meyer’s Drug & Alcohol Policy and Program.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, insurable driving history and ability to operate a motor vehicle following all traffic laws and safe, courteous driving habits.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.